v

10.29.2008

volcanic ashes, a memory

I went to Napa Valley once, during a particularly wretched time in my life. My friend and I stopped for lunch in Yountville, and got massages at The Villagio Resort & Spa. They were wonderful. After our treatment, we went to the gift shop, where I bought my first pair of Sensi sandals. Three pairs later, they remain my favorite casual sandals. This sweeps reminded me of that trip, and of another massage I got on this getaway, this one in Calistoga. There, the massage therapist talked about going home after Mount St. Helen’s erupted to a lawn mid-calf deep in volcanic ash. What a magical image.

This sweeps is for four nights at the Villagio, with wine tours and a cooking lesson with Nick Stellino. It’s a daily, so get clicking. The sponsor is Domino’s Sugar. I’m brand loyal when it comes to staples. Morton Salt, Domino Sugar. Plus, there’s a Domino’s Sugar refinery right here in the mid-Atlantic, in Baltimore. They process the sugar for Hershey’s chocolate as well as the packets you find in restaurants. Talk about local flavor. Oh, I mean color. No, I mean flavor.

To enter, click HERE. Enter daily through October 31.