v

1.25.2007

two nights in san francisco

If I won this one, I would ask if I could stay a third or even fourth night on my dime. Why? Because the prize includes a fitting for Levi Strauss Signature jeans. So, that would take a half a day. In addition, I have several dear, dear friends in San Francisco, and I’d want to spend some time with them.

It’s funny how easy it is to fantasize about winning these darn things. Yuck, yuck, I just let myself get swept away.

My son has a wild math teacher. Somehow he ended up accompanying my son’s class on a field trip yesterday to The Phillips Collection here in Washington. The entire fifth grade was supposed to take the metro, which is what we call the subway here in D.C. But Isaac’s math teacher decided to take his car after he discovered that one of the mom chaperones was taking her car. And what kind of car was the math teacher’s car? A Hummer. My son has ridden in a Hummer, that wretchedly ostentatious warmobile of a vehicle. The math teacher’s car had all sorts of bells and whistles, including a DVD player, Isaac and his friends watched the end of The Chronicles of Narnia. At the museum, the group waited for their classmates in the museum’s café. Of course, Isaac was thrilled with what considered "special treatment." That boy loves the good life. (Thank goodness, not unabashedly. He has a conscience. For instance, he doesn’t covet a Hummer. He knows it’s a big polluter.)

The upside for me in all this is that now I can bribe Isaac with treats from the museum café the next time he balks at going to an exhibit at The Phillips Collection. It’s one of my favorite museums. Not just in D.C., but anywhere.

To enter, click HERE. Enter weekly. Weekly prizes as well as Grand Prize. The deadline is April 16.