v

11.23.2006

day 3: thanksgiving sweeps extravaganza

I’m grateful for my solitude today. It’s taken me so long to get to this place, where I am not actively beside myself over not spending more of Isaac’s childhood with him. We spoke by phone last evening when he and his father were about a half hour outside Greensboro. I gave him the latest on the Macy’s Day Parade, I told him the author of the book he’s reading, The Lightning Thief, the first in a series by Rick Riordan, has a third book coming out in the spring. “Can we get it? Can we get the second, too?” he wanted to know. Of course. I’m a bit of a profligate when it comes to books.

This morning, I slept late (until 10, which is not so terribly late since I was up until 1:30.) As planned, I’m plugging away on various domestic chores and writing.

There’s no way I’ll be able to write about three new sweeps every day over this holiday weekend. Things seem to be quieting down in the sweeps universe. I’m still relatively new to this, and don’t have a sense of seasonal fluctuations. I detect an end-of-the-year slowdown. May things liven up at the start of the new year.

Ah, New Year’s. I just remembered that a New Year’s Resolution was what got me started with all this.

I did enter three today. The Marie Claire sweeps and the Luxury Link sweeps, both of which are linked to the right under LINKS TO SWEEPS. I also entered a new one, a sweeps for three nights at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas.

To enter, click HERE. The deadline is December 31. It’s a one-time entry, per the Official Rules.