v

9.16.2006

very superstitious: australia

I am and I am not superstitious. If I step on any cracks, I don't expect I’ll break my mother’s back. Or if I walk under a ladder all hell will break loose. A broken mirror? There, I am less resolute. I would prefer not to have the specter of seven years back luck hanging over my head. Never mind the shards of silver glass on the floor that might lacerate my feet. So I recommend this sweeps with a caveat: It opened on September 11, 2006. I think that’s a little, well, for certain symbolists, myself among them, a little questionable. This prize involves lots of air travel, round-trip air from San Francisco to Melbourne. It’s part of a 10-day package to the Australian Outback, organized by Abercrombie and Kent. The sponsor is Saks. You can enter daily through October 1. One stop is Kangaroo Island. That place is supposed to be spectacular. As is the Daintree Rainforest, another stop on the itinerary. You can also play for a daily $250 saks.com shopping spree. Spree? Are you kidding?

To enter, click HERE.