v

3.07.2011

mississippi road trip, winner keeps the car

SWEEPS | Watch my dust! But first, I will share an interesting sweeps experience.  I went to enter this one last Friday and there was no listing for the District of Columbia. I emailed the co-sponsor, the Mississippi Development Authority Tourism Division, they emailed back within hours to tell me they'd added D.C. to the list. Thanks, folks! (Poor D.C., when oh when will we ever get state rights?)

The prize is a one-way ticket to Jackson, Mississippi, and a Toyota Corolla, and a whippy-trippy one-stop-per-day itinerary starting in Jackson and finishing in the Gulf Coast. (If it's Tuesday, it must be Tupelo.) The car is the winner's to drive home. If it were I, I'd head to Oxford, to visit the university. I'm especially interested in the Southern Foodways Alliance, an affiliate of the University of Mississippi's Center for the Study of Southern Culture  that "documents, studies, and celebrates" the food of the American South. I'd avail myself of its impressive culinary tourism section, for sure. 

To enter, click HERE. This sweeps closes March 31.