v

3.02.2011

here's to your dutch uncle

SWEEPS | I bit the bullet and entered my first ever sweeps on Facebook yesterday, to Amsterdam in May. It's pegged to a Picasso exhibit at the Van Gogh Museum. Out of pent-up curiosity, I'd searched "win a trip" on Twitter and found a stream of sweeps tweets. You enter some by retweeting the sweeps, and others by clicking a link to Facebook. The problem with Facebook sweeps is so classically Facebook on the privacy front. You have to grant the sweeps administrator permission to access your Facebook account. My read of this was that it did not access more than is already public. Ah, it's a complicated world, this.

To enter this sweeps to Amsterdam via Facebook, click HERE. The sweeps closes April 17. This morning, I entered one to Miami, also on Facebook. Three nights at the Gansevoort. (What's the connection? Well, doesn't the name Gansevoort look Dutch? It does to me. Maybe at long last I'll meet my Dutch uncle there, tee hee.) To enter, click HERE. This sweeps closes March 18. UPDATE: I can't stop clicking and entering! Here's a six-day sweeps to Costa Rica. To enter, click HERE. Not sure when it closes. Go for it!