v

6.11.2009

five nights in st. john's

I wonder if there’s a homeopathic remedy for wanderlust. I got it bad last evening whilst watching a documentary about Crete and the Minoans. Apparently the latest theory is that a tsunami wiped out the civilization. The Mediterranean is my favorite part of the world. I so wish I were getting there this summer. Alas, maybe next year. Speaking of homeopathic remedies, I’ve been popping arnica montana since Sunday, when I twisted my ankle and took a tumble. I have been counting my blessings ever since. I easily could have wound up on crutches. I’m still sore but on the mend.

This morning I entered a challenging sweeps for a five-night trip to St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The sponsor is Indagare, a fabulous subscription-based travel website. I’ve long admired the way Melissa Biggs Bradley “does” travel. With Indagare, the former editor of Town & Country goes for depth, breadth, sophistication all while avoiding cliché and increasingly silly superlative-tilting lists (weirdest this, oddest that). To enter this sweeps, click HERE. Be prepared to answer 10 multiple choice questions about the U.S Virgin Islands. The winner will receive airfare and five nights at the Westin St. John Resort & Villas for two adults and two children.