v

7.07.2007

it's oh-seven oh-seven oh-seven!

It's midnight 07.07.07.
I'm going to enter a sweeps pronto.
I probably won't write about it until the morning.

Later that same day … It turns out that I am not eligible for the sweeps I entered just after midnight last evening, for 10 days in Costa Rica. Even though I’ve already been twice, I could easily go again. I was foiled again by not reading the Official Rules. This one is for people 50 and over; I have not yet hit that milestone. If you’re eligible, and so inclined, click HERE.

I’m playing this 07-07-07 thing to the hilt. The number seven is a constant in my life. My first name has seven letters in. My childhood address was 27 Marlborough Road. My father’s childhood home was 17 Lincoln Avenue. My current address is 1673 Columbia Road. My home telephone number has two 7’s in it. My cell has one 7 in it. Isaac’s last name has seven letters in it. His soccer jersey number, 21, is, drum roll for the math whiz that I am, a multiple of 7.

To mark this date, I entered seven sweeps. That’s a one-day record for this sweepstress. It will be a cold day in hell before I embark on a sweeps sweep like this again!

Here they are, in the order that I entered them. All but the last are for trips abroad.

1) CITY HOPPING IN FRANCE
This sweeps is from Maison de la France, the French Tourism folks, who, as fastidious as the French can be, are not adept at keeping their Official Rules up to date. I even put a call into them earlier this year, to confirm that a sweeps linked to last year’s Official Rules was legit. And it was. So I trust that this one is, too. Here, you select the three cities you want to visit. I chose Paris, Lyon and Marseille. Ooh la la.

To enter, click HERE.

2.) SEVEN NIGHTS IN BONAIRE

A hitch or two: Judging by its website, the Great Escape Hotel is not a deluxe property. Air Jamaice provides round-trip airfare for two from the following gateways: Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, New York, Philadelphia & Los Angeles. (I’m cool. I’d fly out of Baltimore.)

To enter, click HERE.

3.) AMBERCROMBIE & KENT CRUISE PACKAGE TO ANTARCTICA
This is for a cruise on the Explore II, an award winning deluxe vessel, dates of travel December 9 – 20, 2008. To enter, click HERE. The deadline is December 15.

Observation: This is a Climate Change Challenge Sweepstakes. At the same time Ambercrombie & Kent pledges its commitment to preserving the environment, the outfitter engages in marketing scare tactics. Your Children and Grandchildren Will See a Different World. Snow could be gone from Africa's highest peak by 2020. Rising ocean temperatures are killing coral reefs. Sobering stuff. Do we stay or do we go?

P.S. I entered this as a countess. The entry form for this sweeps has 24 titles from which to chose! Mr., Mrs., Lady, Sir. Very proper. But notably, no Admiral.

4.) FIVE NIGHTS AT MAROMA ON THE MAYA RIVIERA
Spa Magazine is behind this dandy: Five nights at Maroma Resort and Spa in the Maya Riviera. I recently discovered this gem. Here’s what the package includes: Five nights accommodations in a luxurious Premium category room; private consultation with spa consultants who create a customized course of treatment; $1,200 credit for the Kinan Spa; daily private yoga or pilates sessions; Kinan Spa caftan; two healthful lunches at Cilantro; sccess to women's and men's spa lounge, sauna and steam room; daily breakfast at Cilantro; one snorkeling trip per person.

To enter, click HERE.

5.) WEEKEND GETAWAY TO ICELAND

This is for 10. For two nights at the Hotel Nordica. The weekend of October 18 – 21. In conjunction with the Iceland Airwaves Festival. If you win, you have to come up with nine friends or you forfeit the trip.

To enter, click HERE.

6.) THREE NIGHTS AT MANOR GRAVETYE OUTSIDE LONDON
This is for a weekend getaway to London on a new airline, Zoom, which will fly New York to London. Lodgings are at the Gravetye Manor outside London. Great fun as I am reading All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriott. So I’ve had the England on my mind.

To enter, click HERE. The sweeps closes August 31.

7.) THREE NIGHTS FOR FOUR IN SAVANNAH
Funnily, I was gushing about Savannah to friends last evening. I liked it so much, I missed my flight! The accommodations for this one, at The Mansion on Forsyth Park, look divine.

To enter, click HERE.