v

5.29.2007

floating my boat: rafting getaway

Here’s a first: A prize to visit a place I’ve just visited. This past weekend, we went whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River, in northeastern Pennsylvania, near Jim Thorpe, which from our river-bound bus looked like one interesting place. We only did the Level 1 stretch, with a few 2’s, and I loved it. Whitewater Challengers, the outfitter we used, gives away a weekend getway every single month. The prize includes rafting on the Lehigh River, a bike tour of Lake Gorge State Park and two nights at the Pocono Ramada.

For details, click HERE. To enter, send an email to info@whitewaterchallengers.com with "Free Weekend Getaway" in the subject line. Include name, mailing address, phone and email. (Yes, email. They probably print out entries and pull them from a bin.)

I've overshot my destination in the state of Pennsylvania on my last two trips there. The first was Pittsburgh. We ended up in Ohio. This past weekend, en route to Wilkes Barre, we crossed the border into New Jersey. Needless to say, I'm working on restoring my navigational skills, which were once formidable.