v

2.15.2007

come fly with me: fright and flight

After you read my latest article, you may not want to. It's about my fear of flying. I've written about it here, too. It could be worse. I've never medicated myself while I've flown. I've never refused to fly. And bizarrely, as I noted in my piece on AOL Travel, my fear disappeared after 9/11. That was so unexpected, it reminded me of the Jeff Bridges character in the movie "Fearless." He survives a plane crash, during a landing, one of my worst moments. After the crash, he loses his allergy to strawberries, and starts eating them with abandon; you know the allergy will return. I forget how this plays out, since it's been awhile since I've seen this film. He survives the strawberries and by the end of the film you are so glad to be alive you might just book a flight to paradise.

I couldn’t resist entering a sweeps offered by an airline today. Northwest Airlines, three nights at the Grand Lido Braco Resort & Spa. With airfare, of course! (Note: All the sweeps I enter include airfare, usually economy, unless I specify otherwise.)

To enter, click HERE. The deadline is February 28.

P.S. Here is the link to the most comprehensive survey fear of flying. Published in 1982, in theory, it's dated. I bet if someone conducted a similar survey today, the results would be comparable.