v

12.03.2006

day 6/7 - short and sweet: boca raton!

My burn is healing, my flesh regenerating. Now I have an earache. Yesterday morning put I what I thought were ear drops in my ear. It turned out the solution was for dissolving ear wax, complete with a warning not to use if there was drainage or pain. Fortunately the mistreatment does not appear to have aggravated my earache. Then again, I'm not quite sure how anything aggravates excruciating. When I put the eardrops away, I bumped my head against the medicine cabinet door. I get like this when I'm under pressure.

I’m making progress with my thesis. I’m writing a chapter on my travel heritage. This leaves me thinking actively about where I might go next. I cannot wait to be free to travel again. The opportunity costs of going back to school were much, much higher than I’d estimated. I wrote about being a grad-school travel martyr earlier this year in this post. (We didn’t do those trips in the end. We just got too busy.)

Where to go? I want to see the humpback whales in the Turks and Caicos only I don’t know where to stay on Salt Cay. The Windmill Plantation is far and away the island’s nicest accommodation, but they don’t take children. The Galápagos are also on my dream list, as is a safari.

I found no sweeps that match my dream list trips. This two-day getaway, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, would do me good. It does look grand, doesn’t it?

To enter, click HERE. The deadline is December 18.