v

12.30.2006

resolved: eat oysters

That’s my sole New Year’s Resolution for 2007. Eat oysters. I mean this literally and metaphorically. In the literal sense, I plan to do things here in D.C. like go to the new happy hour at Hank’s Oyster Bar and check out the new Johnny’s Half Shell. In New York, there’s the Pearl Oyster Bar in the West Village (its website seems to be dark at the moment) and the Grand Central Oyster Bar and Restaurant. As to the metaphorical implications, I shall leave them to the imagination.

Isaac and I didn’t get to New Haven on Thursday. He woke up all achy with a cold. At first I thought he was faking. But he wasn’t. I wasn’t feeling great, either, so it worked out in the end, even though I was pretty disappointed. To divert myself from my ministrations, which consisted of plying the boy with Motrin, ginger ale, Kleenex, I entered a sweeps for a three-night stay in London. It includes airfare and a stay at one of the Thistle Hotels.

To enter, click HERE. The deadline is February 15.