v

11.25.2006

day 5: thanksgiving sweeps extravaganza

This supposed extravaganza of mine is rapidly losing steam. I’ve been cruising the Information Superhighway (what exit?) for the better part of the past hour looking for a sweeps to enter, and I am not finding any new ones. I did find one for a six-night stay at the Fairmont Mayakoba in Playa del Carmen. Perfect, right? I’m itching to get to the Yucatan. The resort gets rave reviews on TripAdvisor. Only this sweeps is being offered by Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Magazine, one of World Publication’s titles.

Well, I’m not currently seeing anyone, never mind engaged to be married. Nonetheless, I wondered if I could I slip in through the metaphorical back door. I checked the eligibility language of the Official Rules, and, lo and behold, here’s who can enter: Only residents of the 50 United States, and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older are eligible. That would be me. I saw, I clicked, I entered.

To enter, click HERE. The deadline is January 10.

Wouldn’t it be funny if I won and then proceeded to meet the next man I’m going to marry on my honeymoon. Now that would be a story. Speaking of which: Here’s a wild if unfortunate honeymoon story. A fellow from my hometown married his high school sweetheart a few years out of high school. It turned out she’d been cheating on him with another fellow from my hometown and then continued to hook up with him while she was on her honeymoon. That’s right, on her honeymoon. He'd gone along, it was somewhere in the Caribbean, I can’t remember which island. Talk about extreme cuckolding.

Off to the races.