v

9.19.2006

when irish eyes are beguiling

I just entered a sweeps for a trip to Ireland, Frommer’s monthly sweeps, which I enter each month, unless I really have no interest in going to wherever the prize goes. There are places I do not want to go. I am not a trip slut.

I wrote about Ireland in March, HERE and HERE. This was in the first weeks of blogging. I was a neophyte. I did not know how to use TinyUrl or make hyperlinks. Ergo the cumbersome URLs. This prize gives the winner a choice of six days in Dublin, Shannon or Belfast. That would be a tough call. I’m partial to the West Coast, and would probably choose Shannon. My dream trip to Ireland: Four Counties, Four Great Grandparents. A whirlwind of genealogical research. With plenty of Guinness. Can I tell you which counties? Not off the top of my head. By coincidence, I’m going to be dipping into the family archives today. I’ll make sure to check which four counties whence these four forebears came.

To enter, click HERE.